We were going to the do the Monster theme that is so big right now for his birthday, cause he loves to talk in this monster voice and growl all the time, but it was just too popular for me. So we made some slight variations and went with an outerspace theme that was all about aliens, spaceships and bright, fun, summer colors. I think it turned out perfect and the kids seemed to have fun!
My mom, mother-in-law and sister-in-law were so helpful in pulling together our Snack Space Station. We had Orange and Green food everywhere. The guests may not notice, but I do. We had Doritos, Cheetos, Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, Veggies (only orange and green ones), fruit (only orange and green ones and some blueberries), some pasta salad with orange and green noodles and some Saturn Rings (or Ding Dongs, Powdered Donuts in cute baking cups, and peach-mango applesauce).
My oldest son Caden insists on crafts at birthday parties. So we had a Comet Craft Corner. We had Moon Dough to play with, Rockets on paper straws to launch, UFOs (made from ashtrays) to run around with, bubbles to blow, and space themed coloring pages. I hung a blow-up solar system, some silver stars and a UFO that says "Blake is 2" from the roof of our porch cover.
A little carnival section was the great setting for our favors. Prize Planet had two games. A Crater Crunch, made from cans wrapped in scrapbook space paper, and a UFO toss.
After playing the games the kids got to make their own goodie bag. Each Pinwheel Lane Favor Bag had the child's initial on it and they got to pick from all of our colorful, space-themed goodies. There were ray guns (squirt guns), Moon Pies, Orbit Gum, Astronaut and Alien Rubber Ducks, little alien looking balls, colored licorice, suckers and asteroids (or taffy), milky ways and starbursts.
Caden and Blake and some of their friends playing games! Caden's worth much more than 10 points!
All Blake wanted from the Prize Table was licorice!
Time for some crafts!
The playground and Basketball court always keep the kids busy! We also put out our Anti-Gravity House or Bounce House!
The Marshians were a hit!
Time to sing Happy Birthday! Although Blake didn't love the singing, he did love the cupcake and so did his buddies.





10 comments:
What a great party. The decor looks like something out of a magazine! I have to start thinking about Jack's birthday!!!
Thanks Amy! They always come so quick...I have to start working on Caden's 5th.
What an adorable party LOVE IT! Love the toss game and all your creative titles! So cute :)
I love this! found your link on "p is for party" blog. What did your invitations say and how did you make the marshians? Please share, this is so cute.
such a creative party idea!!! great job with all the details..
Melody, I just saw this party at P is for Party and fell in LOVE. You are so talented. Might have to copy some ideas for my baby's next birthday! Great work!
Thanks everyone! We just did an evite...oh the horror, I know :) and the marshians were SO easy. Just marshmallows dipped in candy melts that were colored, we put sparkly sprinkles on the top and edible eyeballs on them!
I'm planning a space themed party for my son and I was wondering how to do the rockets on the straws.....thank you!
Loved the ideas... We chose your idea in our Top Picks - Outer Space & Astronauts Birthday Theme
Post a Comment