Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Team G-Unit: 4th Annual Run & Walk

On Sunday, March 20th Team G-Unit got together for our 4th time to join the Marcer Island Rotary in raising awareness for Colon Cancer through running and walking! They always put on a great event with so many people there supporting their friends and family. We were the second largest group (I don't have a final number, but I would say between 40-50) and we also raised $1000.00 (plus a little bit more is coming in soon...should bring our total to $1200.00)! It was a bright and sunny day and it felt amazing to be surrounded by people who support my dad's fight with Colon Cancer. He wouldn't be a Stage 4 survivor without great medical care, an amazing attitude and a positive support system! Everyone who gave, ran, wore, or even had us in your thoughts on that Sunday is a member of Team G-Unit and you will never know how much it means to all of us!

My family! Always fun having the whole clan together :) Just some of the many members of Team G-Unit! I wish I could have taken a photo of you all...but running the 10k took me out of photo taking mode for an hour and 2 minutes!!!!
I didn't do as well as Pat! He was the first place finisher for the men's 5k in the 30-34 age division! Nice work!


This was the first year and Pat and I both ran and left the boys in the great care of their grandparents and suppotive family and friends! They did great and Caden even ran and/or walked a bit of it. Including sprinting across the finish line! Nice work buddy!


Blake was just happy to see everyone and excited for Cake!


Then we headed to BJ's Brewhouse at Southcenter mall for our post-race lunch! They always put out a great spread for us and this year they donated all of their earnings from our lunch to Team G-Unit! Those funds should put us over our fundraising goal!


No comments: