Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Bad Guy!" :)

So Caden has a set of mega-blocks that make a race track for two cars. On is a police car (in his hand) and the other is a red sports car (on the track). He likes to have them "chase" each other down the tracks that Pat and I set-up for him. Well one day I referred to the red car as a "bad guy" and I used the police car to talk about Uncle Spike...well now when he plays cars he refers to the red car as "bad guy" or "speeder" and the police car as "Spike". So now we hear things like "Spike chase bad guy" coming from Caden's room and it is really funny! I am interested to see what he says next time he gets to see Uncle Spike in person.

Pat and I talk about expanding our family from time to time and we get a little nervous. Caden has really been the perfect child for us. Yes he is stubborn and independent and lately he likes to scream (when he is angry or happy) in the most high-pitched way possible, but overall he is a great kid. He sleeps through the night from 7:30pm (when he tells us he wants to go night-night) to 7:30/8:00 in the morning. He still takes a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon. He loves to eat most of the time and he isn't super-picky...although he has his favorites of fruit, bean soup, yogurt, otter pops, and peanut butter as well as pretty much any breakfast food (pancakes, waffles, cereal, oatmeal and french toast). We know that we are very lucky and we just hope that we are just as lucky when we are ready for baby #2!



No comments: