Saturday, February 05, 2011

Running Goals.

One of my best friends, Jen Fung, made a New Year's Resolution last year to run 365 miles in 2010. Well she achieved her resolution and made a new one for 2011 and I decided to use her as my inspiration to set my own running goal for 2011. I decided to try to run at least 30 miles in each month of 2011. At the end of January I am proud to say that so far I have met my resolution. I ran 36.4 miles!
I have also signed up for the 10k at the Mercer Island Run as a member of Team G-Unit so I need to get myself training for that distance. So at least 3 mornings a week I wake up at 5:15am and I run on our treadmill. I am mainly working on stamina and speed since I only have 25-30 minutes before I have to get the boys ready for daycare. I try to run 2-3 miles. On the weekends I take on distance...and am up to 4 miles. Here is a glimpse at my route.
I run through my neighborhood and over to Sky Island and head up a .5 mile hill. It is killer and at the top I am so happy to have made it. Here is the view on the way up!

Here is the view from the top looking back down!


Then I run through sky island! There are beautiful views of the valleys and rolling hills so it is a great run!

I stop at the Park n Ride and pause to take in the view of Mt. Rainier and then turn around and head back through sky island, down the hill and back through our neighborhood.

Next weekend I need to try 5 miles....

No comments: